Because a medical emergency can happen at any time, Starkville Veterinary Hospital provides emergency care to pet owners in Starkville, Columbus, Louisville, and West Point. In the event of an emergency, please call our hospital at (662) 323-7078.
For emergency cases that occur after hours, we will refer clients to Mississippi State University College of Veterinary Medicine.
When to Seek Emergency Care for Your Pet
The easiest answer as to whether you should seek emergency care for your pet is when you feel his or her medical condition is serious and cannot wait. However, the following general situations should help you determine if you need to seek emergency care for your pet:
- Difficulty breathing
- Acute abdominal swelling
- Electric shock
- Excessive vomiting or diarrhea
- Exhibits symptoms of heat stroke
- Sudden onset of weakness
- High or low temperature (more than 104 or less than 100 degrees)
- Unable to urinate or defecate
Call Starkville Veterinary Hospital for 24-hour emergency care at
(662) 323-7078 and you will be provided with a telephone number for the veterinarian on call.